Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: School Board meeting

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 15-20 years, even if you have new buildings, folks will be calling for the renovation of those as well...they won't stay new forever. In the beginning, I thought new schools were the best option...now though, I don't think either option has more benefits than the other.</div></div>
    It took 50 years for them to discuss major updating and modernization renovations on the current schools (and the entire issue is a major fight with no end in sight). I dont really see people yelling for more renovations on a new school in 15 years.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #42
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    I don't see many people yelling now. I just think a building should be used for it's entire lifespan. If renovations are possible, do it. There isn't much of a call for consolidation outside of firms and big wigs it would make richer. It seems to me the public is, for the most part, against consolidating schools...unlike the firms and study groups that want our money.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #43
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    How would it make anyone any more rich either way. The same people would be doing the rennovations as would be doing the new construction, for them to want to look at it that way then rennovations would be better since they would be doing on a cost plus since they wouldn't know what they would be getting into at each school till they actually tore into them and then they can say they were worse than we originally thought and it will be $?million more than the original estimate.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    In order for someone to do either they must bid for it. If a firm wins the bidding, then and only then can they get paid to do the job. We've already had study after study..and here's what I think is going to happen.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Since 1991, there have been plans in the works to eventually combine PV and Appy...and that was 16 years ago...So, they'll renovate what they have and that'll be the end of it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #45
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: School Board meeting

    If we can't fix all, then we should just build one new school ,since most can't/won't afford the dual enrollment at the local colleges, and offer everything we can to the kids. Sports should just be written off, and the grades can form teams and play sports in the school. It will save coaching costs and travel since you will have less teams and bands to deal with. The guy that is gonna sue for his county taxes is a good one too, hope none of the counties in the Northern part of the state find about this. If they see it, they just might want us to foot all of our share. If we can't pay for our kids school, what can we pay for?

  6. #46
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    Here is what is going to happen. They are going to renovate Kelly, PV, and Coeburn first then they are going to consolidate all the schools into these three. You heard it here first, mark it down I'm telling you that will happen.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  7. #47
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: School Board meeting

    "would it make anyone any more rich either way" I wonder who got paid for the plans to upgrade the 3 schools that weren't used and if they had anything to do with any county officials? Is there any way to find out? I bet somebody already knows. Somewhere over the rainbow, but then I'm just a dumb Dawg- so I have no idea, these are just things that cross my mind from time to time.

  8. #48
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKCats1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is going to happen. They are going to renovate Kelly, PV, and Coeburn first then they are going to consolidate all the schools into these three. You heard it here first, mark it down I'm telling you that will happen. </div></div>
    Mark it down, no. One school or all.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    One school will never happen...at least, not at this time.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member thb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    First, (with current enrollment figures) one school is not a possibility. This would make the school a AAA school, travel time for competitions is unrealistic. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a AAA school south of Roanoke.

    Second, two schools possibly could happen, but this is highly unlikely because two schools would be AA schools. This could mean that a school would have to travel to Marion for a Tuesday night basketball game. Travel time again is pretty unrealistic.

    third, three schools would still be A schools. Much more likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •